Tuesday, April 21, 2009

refuge

It is a soft breath that kindles an ember;

Turns it to love, or by tempest, extinguishes…… soft spoken breath

That surrounds in comfort; a word in anger that forces a gale

   That tosses the fragile craft of a soul and dashes it against the shoals, rending it and

maiming its passengers.  Trust broken, when gentle

            takes flight. 

   It is good now that you look within yourself

To seek solace,  and self. I stand apart from you now,

Speaking soft breaths, hoping to help rekindle the you -my harsh words

Having exploded your life-

      Dashed your heart and drove you away. 

I gather strength within myself, carving  a place for you that you might discover a haven

From the storm that was once me.

I hope you find you and your heart again

    I hope you take refuge

In the softness that is me. 

No comments: