Wednesday, April 22, 2009

“There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts.” –Richard Bach

As I lay awake last night, thinking on things, the quote which has become my wife’s new mantra kept playing over and over in my head:”Let It Go”. So simple, so deliciously succinct and applicable to virtually any situation; it is, at the same time seemingly impossible to master. Then came the above quote, and suddenly it became clear. The key is to stop, shut up and allow the gift to come to you. Now, I am the first to admit that two of my flaws which are deeply ingrained are: jumping to defend myself the minute someone has something to say about my actions, and forcing things into my own perceptions of how they should be in my own narrow minded model of life. Let It Be.

It has taken a monumental upheaval to teach me that my first reaction is NOT the correct one, and that shutting up and letting things be may open doors that I never even dreamed existed. By my listening, I heard wisdom.

So, for you, my (ironically) new found muse, I am Letting It Go. There are things out there beyond the scope of my knowledge and abilities, and I am letting their wisdom teach me. I surrender everything that was the past and the anger and sorrow and heartache that goes with it to a realm I cannot begin to understand. I forgive those who have, either intentionally or not, hurt me, and I forgive myself. No more energy devoted to lamenting the shortcomings I feel my life has become, and no more tears for those who could not be who I wanted them to be. No more seeking in others the void I feel within me. All is in the past, all is forgotten. You showed me the power of being in the moment, not chained to what was.

Let It Be, Let It Be.

No comments: